Superb Medieval Castle style tower near to Florence in Tuscany. Divided into 3 apartments. Ideal for holiday rentals or could be turned into a splendid private home
Florence Tuscany Watch Tower
On the Tuscan hills about 20 km from Florence is this 13th-century medieval tower, finely restored and converted into a private residence with 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. The property is currently divided into three apartments with a total surface area of 400 sqm and would be ideal for a boutique accommodation business given its private location close to Florence. It stands in, 4.5 hectares of land which includes a terraced garden and 165 olive trees.
Basic services (supermarkets, bank etc) are available in the nearby town (2km; 5’) but in less than two hours one can reach several of the most notable towns of Tuscany (Florence, Colle di Val d’Elsa, San Gimignano, Siena, Lucca, Pisa, Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino).
The closest airport is Florence (28km; 45’) but the airports in Pisa, Bologna, Perugia and Rome can be easily reached.
The property has a total surface area of 400 sqm – 4,304 sqft with 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and is made up of the tower itself and two annexes adjacent to the main building. In total, there are three independent apartments:
– Apartment A (red): living room, reading room, kitchen, two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet;
– Apartment B (green): kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment C (blue): living/dining room, kitchenette, bathroom, bedroom with en-suite bathroom, library (or bedroom) leading to the rooftop panoramic terrace.
The building was mainly built with alberese stone, a calcareous rock typical of the Florentine countryside, and was built in the 13th century. Once a watchtower guarding the underlying valley, the building has been part restored and is in good condition. Inside the tower, the restoration preserved its most characteristic features, with stone walls and doorways well visible.
The tower was built in a dominant and very panoramic position and is surrounded by roughly 4.5 hectares (11.1 acres) of land terraced with typical dry stone walls. The garden is well-maintained, covering the terraces towards the wood, and would also make the perfect spot for a swimming pool (if wanted).
The terraces also include 165 olive trees which could be used to produce extra-virgin olive oil for personal use.
The building, thanks to its layout and the division into three apartments, is ideal to start a boutique holiday accommodation business, renting out the single units and/or the whole property. The privacy and its vicinity to Florence an excellent selling point for a holiday rental property.
Alternatively, the three units could be easily reunited into a single upmarket residence for private use, enjoying great privacy and panoramic views.
- TYPE: 13th-century Medieval castle style tower
- CONDITION: Part restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Florence
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 400 square metres (4,304 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 14
- BEDROOMS: 4 (up to 6)
- BATHROOMS: 5
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, wooden and terracotta floors, original stone walls, Guelph crenellation, panoramic terrace, terraced garden, olive grove
- LAND: 4.5 hectares (11.1 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained on the terraces
- ANNEXES: Independent apartments
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (500 m)
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private spring + Artesian well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Florence (15km; 25’), Rufina (18km; 25’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (64km; 1h), San Gimignano (69km, 1h 15’), Arezzo (76km; 1h 10’), Siena (87km; 1h 20’), Lucca (98km; 1h 45’), Pisa (107km; 1h 30’), Montepulciano (109km; 1h 35’), Pienza (116km; 1h 45’), Montalcino (125km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (28km; 45’), Pisa Galilei (104km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (107km; 1h 30’), Perugia San Francesco (159km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (287km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (301km; 3h 10’)
See more Castle Properties
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Arezzo Castle Near to Cortona in Tuscany Italy is this medieval tower which has been restored and transformed into a spacious cosy castle style home with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large plot…
- Italian farmhouse for sale Restored Italian farmhouse for sale with a converted chapel, pool, garden and olive grove and 2.0 hectares (4.9 acres) land. 8 Bedrooms overall. Ideal home and income. Near Umbertide in…
- Country Estate Country Estate in Italy, located near the Umbria Tuscany border. Two farmhouses and a medieval tower currently a boutique hotel with owners accommodation. Land, Olive grove, swimming pool. Boutique Hotel…