An unusual opportunity near to Pieve Santo Stefano in Tuscany comprising a Historic Medieval tower which needs complete restoration (possible 6 beds) and a small restored 2-bed house.
A lot of property for a small price.
Tuscan Medieval Tower and House
If you like history and fixing up property then this property in Tuscany could be just what you are looking for.
A medieval tower plus a house (already restored) 2 gardens, parking plus another small ruin to restore. Near to several towns and villages in both Tuscany and Umbria and services are available in the nearby town of Pieve Santo Stefano.
A lot of property for a small price.
THE MEDIEVAL TOWER – needs renovation
The tower dates back to the Middle Ages and has plenty of space, a surface area of 210 sqm – 2,260 sqft. It is composed of two main units which are currently connected but It would be easy to split them into two separate apartments if wanted. The building is laid out onto three floors plus a loft in the lower section, four floors in the tower, all connected by internal stone staircases, and needs a full renovation before being able to live in.
THE VILLAGE HOUSE – restored
This small house has a surface area of 70 sqm – 753 sqft and is located not far from the tower and has two floors:
– Ground floor: kitchen with dining room, bathroom (tub) and double bedroom;
– Lower ground floor: living room and double bedroom.
The house has been fully restored and renovated, retaining the features and characteristics of Tuscan buildings such as terracotta floor tiles and wooden beams with terracotta tiles supporting the ceiling.
The tower is in good structural condition but needs a full restoration before being fully usable as only the roof has been remade. A project for the restoration of the tower has already been approved and would enable you to create 6 bedrooms, five bathrooms, two kitchens with a dining room and a living room.
Right outside the medieval tower, there is an outdoor area (approx. 300 sqm), part of which could be enjoyed for al fresco dinners and entertaining. Not far from the property there is a convenient parking area. The land goes down towards the river and at the base of the hill, there is a small ruin which could also be restored.
Once renovated this would be an excellent home and vacation rental income property.
- TYPE Part of a small hamlet and comprises a 14th-century tower and townhouse
- CONDITION Partially restored
- LOCATION Part of a Medieval hamlet
- MUNICIPALITY Pieve Santo Stefano
- PROVINCE Arezzo
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 280 sqm (3,013 sqft)
- ROOMS 15
- BEDROOMS 2 (up to 8)
- BATHROOMS 1 (up to 6)
- FEATURES Stone walls, old stone fireplace, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, old terracotta flooring, wooden ceilings, parking area
- LAND 300 sqm (0.07 ac)
- GARDEN Yes, near the tower and behind the house
- ANNEXE No
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS Municipal network
- HEATING Already connected
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS Pieve Santo Stefano (3km; 5’), Sansepolcro (21 km; 25’), Anghiari (26 km; 30’), Arezzo (57km; 1h), Cortona (69 km; 1h 15’), Perugia (87 km; 1h 10’), Lago Trasimeno (97km; 1h 25’), Assisi (102 km; 1h 20’), Montepulciano (105 km; 1h 45’), Pienza (110 km; 1h 45’), Spello (106 km; 1h 20’), Siena (119 km; 1h 10’),Todi (128 km; 1h 35’), Florence (131 km; 1h 50’), Orvieto (160km; 2h 5’), San Gimignano (174 km; 2h 30’), Rome (264km; 3h 5’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (85km; 1h 5’), Forlì (97km; 1h 25’), Firenze Peretola (145km, 1h 55’), Bologna Marconi (164km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (235km; 2h 40’), Roma Ciampino (268km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (287km; 3h 20’)
See more Castle Properties