3 Bedroomed ground floor apartment in a medieval castle. Restored, private courtyard, garden and a spacious cellar/workshop. Great holiday home, vacation rental or is ideal to live in year round. Nicely priced.
Restored Castle Apartment in Tuscany
Located about 10 minutes or so from the village of Anghiari, where all services are available, is this restored ground floor 170-sqm apartment which is part of a medieval castle. The location is ideal for easily travelling to other cities and towns in Tuscany, such as Arezzo, Castiglion Fiorentino, Cortona, Montepulciano, Siena, Florence which can be reached in 2 hours or less.
The restoration was carried out in 2011 and preserved and enhanced the characteristic features whilst adding some elegant and colourful touches and finishes.
The castle apartment has a total surface area of 170 sqm – 1,829 sqft and is on the ground floor.
From the garden you can enter the two main bedrooms, or take the covered passageway to the internal courtyard of the building. Here is the main entrance into the property that opens into a spacious living room with a dining area and fireplace. To one side of the room is the guest bathroom. On the opposite side you then pass, climbing a few steps, into the kitchen and from here back to the sleeping area with two bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom and what is currently used as an office space that could easily be used as the third bedroom. A further bathroom can be accessed from the hallway.
As previously mentioned, the apartment was fully restored in 2011, and the living room retains a beautiful original stone floor with an etched fireplace.
From the paved courtyard (roughly 40 sqm – 430 sqft) you can access to a spacious independent cellar (52 sqm – 559 sqft) which is currently used as a workshop and for storage. The garden (230 sqm – 2,475 sqft), triangular in shape, is located to the side of the castle and there is a convenient parking area alongside the road.
This castle apartment would make a great holiday home, vacation rental or is ideal to live in year round.
- TYPE: Castle apartment
- CONDITION: Restored (2011)
- LOCATION: Inside a medieval castle
- ACCESS: Excellent
- MUNICIPALITY: Anghiari
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 230 square metres (2,388 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 7
- BEDROOMS: 3
- BATHROOMS: 3
- ANNEXES: Workshop
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, terracotta and stone flooring, wooden beams with terracotta tiles, fireplace, garden, paved courtyard, spacious cellar/workshop
- EXTERIORS: 270 square metres (2,905 square feet)
- GARDEN: 230 square metres (2,475 square feet)
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fireplace
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Anghiari (9km; 10′), Chiassa Superiore (7km; 10′), Capolona (16km; 20′), Subbiano (16km; 20′), Sansepolcro (17km; 25′), Caprese Michelangelo (20km; 25′), Subbiano (20km; 25′), Arezzo (20km; 25′), Città di Castello (38km; 30′), Castiglion Fiorentino (43km; 45′), Cortona (49km; 1h), Montepulciano (71km; 1h 10′), Perugia (83km; 1h 15′), Siena (90km; 1h 30′), Florence (95km; 1h 30′), San Gimignano (137km; 1h 55′)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (82km; 1h 10′), Firenze Vespucci (112km; 1h 25′), Pisa Galilei (173km; 2h 5′), Bologna Marconi (194km; 2h 15′), Roma Ciampino (249km; 2h 45′), Roma Fiumicino (263km; 2h 50′)
See more Apartments for sale in Italy