Restored property for sale in Tuscany on the Chianti Hills between the towns of Siena and Gaiole. Large farmhouse with guesthouse (9 bedrooms overall), land garden, swimming pool and olive grove.
Chianti Hills – Large farmhouse with guesthouse
Ideally located as both a home and as tourist accommodation this large versatile property can be used in several different ways. Presently used as holiday accommodation the property can be used as a large private home and using the independent apartment and the guesthouse for friends and family or for paying holiday guests.
The farmhouse was finely restored between 2000 and 2002 keeping and enhancing all the traditional features intact such as stone walls, wooden beams, original terracotta floors and stone fireplaces.
The traditional look doesn’t mean that modern comforts and amenities are missing: a 7-kW photovoltaic system (installed in May 2008) produces 9,000 kWh of electric power each year, covering up to 80% of the farmhouse energy needs. Another solar system is used to produce hot water for showers and heating. There is also a gas system connected with three underground tanks (1,600 litres each for a total of 4,800 litres of fuel) which can integrate with the solar system functions. The independent apartment on the ground floor and the guesthouse are fitted with independent gas heating.
Water supply is given by a natural spring, which provides excellent-quality water. A 90-m well with 40,000-litre cistern is used for irrigation.
The buildings are also fitted with satellite TV, telephone switchboard, Wi-Fi internet connection and alarmed cabinets.
A perfect blend of the old with the new.
The main farmhouse has a surface area of 970 sqm – 10,437 sqft with 7 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms and is spread out over two floors:
– Ground floor: hall with fireplace, kitchen/dining room with pantry, toilet/laundry room and two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, both of which have a separate entrance from the outside. The patio at the entrance has a wood-oven with bathroom (toilet and shower).
Still, on the ground floor, there is an independent apartment of 100 sqm – 1,076 sqft made up of kitchen/dining room, two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and patio overlooking the pool.
– First floor: kitchen with fireplace, dining room with balcony, living room with gallery, studio and three bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.
The guesthouse (130 sqm – 1,399 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) is made up of a large living/dining room with open-space kitchen and fireplace, breakfast room at the entrance, laundry room and two double bedrooms, both with en-suite bathroom and one with gallery and bed. The basement houses a small masonry cellar (30 sqm – 323 sqft).
The last building is an underground garage (150 sqm – 1,614 sqft) capable of housing up to three cars and with room for a tractor, a lawnmower and other agricultural vehicles. There is also a small greenhouse which is used during winter as a shelter for weaker plants. On the rear, another room houses the controls for the water system.
This lovely Tuscan property for sale stands in approximately 3.0 hectares of land. Around the farmhouse, there is a well-maintained garden (roughly 3,000 sqm) with roses, lavender, rosemary and an orchard with cherry trees, peach trees, vines and apple trees. Not far from the farmhouse is located the round-edge 15 x 8 m swimming pool (with a depth ranging from 1.2 and 2.8 m).
The olive grove hosts 600 trees allowing the production of an excellent olive oil.
All in all a property which offers several usage options.
- TYPE Chianti Hills Property for sale in Tuscany comprising a restored Stone farmhouse with guesthouse and pool
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Gaiole in Chianti
- PROVINCE Siena
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 1,250 sqm (13,450 sqft)
- ROOMS 17
- BEDROOMS 9
- BATHROOMS 11
- FEATURES Stone walls, original terracotta floors, wooden beams, portico, swimming pool, olive grove, well-maintained garden, photovoltaic system, satellite TV, stone fireplaces
- LAND 3.0 hectares
- GARDEN Approx. 3,000 sqm
- ANNEX Guesthouse, garage
- ACCESS Unpaved road (350 m)
- POOL 15 x 8 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected (energy class F, E) + photovoltaic system (7 kW)
- WATER Natural spring + well for irrigation
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Underfloor + radiators + fan coils
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Siena (16km; 30’), Gaiole in Chianti (17km; 20’), Monteriggioni (30km; 35’), Asciano (32km; 40’), Montebenichi (34km; 35’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (37km; 40’), Montalcino (54km; 1h), San Gimignano (56km; 1h), Montepulciano (63km; 55’), Volterra (64km; 1h 15’), Florence (85km; 1h 25’), Arezzo (88km; 1h 5’), Grosseto (90km; 1h 15’), Punta Ala (131km; 2h), Pisa (132km; 2h)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (94km; 1h 15’), Firenze Vespucci (95km; 1h 15’), Perugia San Francesco (116km; 1h 30’), Pisa Galilei (129km; 1h 55’), Bologna Marconi (177km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (245km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (260km; 2h 35’), Milano Linate (373km; 4h), Milano Malpensa (427km; 4h 35’)
See more Property for sale in Tuscany
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Italian Farmhouses Tuscany Italy property comprising a pair of farmhouses, fully restored to make a 3-star Boutique hotel with B&B tourist accommodation. 18 Bedrooms overall, Swimming pool, olive trees and gardens. Tuscany…
- Large Italian home with pool Large Italian home with pool, ideal for family year-round use, holiday home, rentals or small B&B. Near Cortona in Tuscany, this 6-bedroomed farmhouse property stands in 26 hectares of land,…
- Small Farm with Agriturismo Small Farm with Agriturismo with 8 apartments plus separate 2 bedroom guesthouse/owners accommodation. Gardens, swimming pool and a total of 7.6 hectares (18.8 acres) of land. Excellent price. Restored Farmhouse…