On the Calabria hills overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Gulf of Saint Euphemia, is this beautiful 19th-century villa for sale, fully restored with luxury touches and finishes. The property and its guesthouse have a total of 640 sqm surface area and 6 bedrooms, plus a 6,800-sqm typically Mediterranean garden with well-established trees and ornamental plants.
Calabria property – Villa, guesthouse, swimming pool, gardens, sea view
In a quiet residential area, about 500 mts from the sea is this lovely luxury villa with guesthouse, swimming pool and gardens. This stylish and prestigious property has featured in several art and architecture magazines.
The main villa has a surface area of 490 sqm – 5,272 sqft with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and dates back to the first half of the 19th century. The present-day building is the result of masterful work and a skilled recovery and renovation of a partially ruined building. The stonework work was carried out by designer Giorgio Pes (1931 – 2010) who was able to rebuild the structure without change, repurposing cornices, half pilasters, columns, tympanums and using local workshops to reproduce hand-painted ceramics and majolica (following the tradition of artisans from Naples, Salerno and Capodimonte).
The three floors of the building are organized as follows:
– Ground floor: large kitchen with pantry, living room with old marble fireplace, bedroom with en-suite bathroom, laundry room, technical room and garage. All surrounded by a large portico, partially closed and used as a winter garden.
– First floor: entrance room with an old tufaceous-stone doorway, studio, guest bathroom, ample living room with white-marble neoclassical fireplace, large dining room and terrace going around two sides of the building, with a large room going out from the living room and blending with the surrounding, ample kitchen/dining area.
– Second floor: three bedrooms, all fitted with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, decorated with majolica and lightly-coloured terracotta floors.
The guesthouse has a surface area of 150 sqm – 1,614 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, fully made out of old stone, is laid out onto two floors:
– Ground floor: entrance/living room with old majolica fireplace, kitchen and ample outdoor portico;
– First floor: two bedrooms (both with terrace) and bathroom.
The villa is surrounded by a large garden -roughly 6,800 sqm with oak trees, citrus grove and fruit orchard. With many ornamental plants, the following are worth mentioning: roses, palms, Bougainvillea, honeysuckles and Carissae. The pool area is set amidst this typical Mediterranean vegetation and olive trees. Here there is also a parking area and gravelled walkways crossing green areas. The swimming pool (roughly 100 sqm) follows the shape of the terrain and is paved with San Lucido stone so that it perfectly blends with the surrounding landscape. The pool is provided with gazebo, dressing room, bathroom and technical room.
A lovely home, holiday home or even possible investment as a holiday let
- TYPE Calabria sea view villa with guesthouse and garden
- CONDITION Luxury finishes
- LOCATION Sea views
- MUNICIPALITY Falerna
- PROVINCE Catanzaro
- REGION Calabria
- SIZE 640 sqm (6,886 sqft)
- ROOMS 16
- BEDROOMS 6
- BATHROOMS 6
- FEATURES Luxury finishes, well-maintained Mediterranean garden, swimming pool, winter garden, loggia, panoramic terrace, hand-painted ceramics, ancient marble fireplaces
- LAND 6,800 sqm (1.7 ac)
- GARDEN Yes, Mediterranean and well-maintained
- ANNEXE Guesthouse
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL Yes, 100 sqm
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS Municipal network
- HEATING Radiators + fireplaces
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS Falerna Marina (200m), Falerna (9km; 15’), Lamezia Terme (21km; 25’), Catanzaro (49km; 45’), Cosenza (54km; 45’), Vibo Valentia (57km; 45’), Caminia (63km; 50’), Tropea (75km; 1h 10’), Santa Severina (114km; 1h 45’), Crotone (118km; 1h 45’), Corigliano Calabro (120km; 1h 35’), Roccella Ionica (130km; 1h 30’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Lamezia Terme Sant’Eufemia (14km; 15’), Crotone Pitagora (102km; 1h 25’), Aviosuperficie di Scalea (103km; 1h 40’), Reggio Calabria Minniti (149km; 1h 30’)
See more properties for sale with sea views