Boutique winery for sale near Todi in Umbria comprising 5.0 hectares (12.3 acres) of land, two farmhouses, an apartment, wine cellar and a large shed, gardens and pool. Potential to increase wine production and/or accommodation.
Umbria Vineyard and Winery
On the hills of Umbria, Near the medieval town of Todi on the green hills of Umbria is this charming boutique winery for sale. The property has three nuclei that respectively house two farmhouses, the wine cellar plus a large shed for a total surface area of 1,405 sqm. The wine cellar is fully equipped for winemaking and utilises the 2.3 ha of vineyards to make excellent IGT wines. Development of the property with a focus on accommodation would be possible.
Basic services are available in the nearby town (1km; 2′) and are also potentially reachable on foot, while the medieval town of Todi, is approximately 20 mins/15 km away by road. The central position of the property mean that can quickly and easily reach many of the well known towns and cities such as Deruta, Perugia, Orvieto, Cortona, Assisi, Pienza… in both Tuscany and Umbria in less than two hours and Rome is also about two hours away by car.
The main farmhouse has a surface area of 319 sqm – 3,432 sqft with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and is a stone and brick building laid over two floors. The lower level houses a large open-plan living room with a dining area, a kitchen, a small entrance hall and a storage room at the back with an adjoining service bathroom. From the living room, one then exits onto a lovely porch with an oven, ideal for outdoor dining.
An internal or external staircase then leads to the upper floor, which is used entirely as a sleeping area: there are three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two bedrooms with shared bathrooms. The possibility of independent access from the outside makes the rooms suitable for an accommodation business.
A short distance from the farmhouse is the caretaker’s house which has a surface area of 123 sqm – 1,323 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and built on two levels. The ground floor has two large storage rooms/cellar. The first floor, reached by an external staircase, is the dwelling itself, consisting of a living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
Continuing along the road from the farmhouse, you arrive at the farming podere.
The main building is the wine cellar (195 sqm – 2098 sqft, 1 bathroom) equipped with a grape processing area, barriques for ageing, a storage room and a service area for employees.
On the upper floor of the building is an apartment with a surface area of 110 sqm – 1,184 sqft comprising a living room, dining room with kitchenette and large terrace (40 sqm – 430 sqft), two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Not far from the cellar is the old drying barn (63 sqm – 678 sqft) no longer in use. The volume of the old stables for the animals (25 sqm – 269 sqft), now demolished and no longer visible, can be used to rebuild the building or expand the existing ones.
The last podere, is a large agricultural shed (570 sqm – 6,133 sqft), once used as a drying shed and now ideal as a vehicle and/or tool shed.
On the northern front of the property, adjacent to the vineyards, there is the ruin of an old farmhouse, no longer existing, which could be rebuilt following the original volume.
The farm covers, in its entirety, about 5.0 hectares (12.3 acres) of land spread over the green hills.
Around the farmhouses, the land is kept as a garden (about 6,340 m2 between the various buildings) with ornamental plants and shade trees.
The mainstay of the farm is the IGT vineyard (2.3824 ha) composed mainly of white varieties and capable of producing around 15,000 bottles of wine per year, concentrating on quality over quantity.
The vines are planted on land that falls within the two appellations Todi DOC and Colli Perugini DOC, to which one could apply to increase the prestige of the wines (which are already of excellent quality).
– Vineyard surface: 2.3824 hectares
– Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Incrocio Manzoni, Syrah
– Altitude and exposure: 210 – 250 m slm (southwest)
– Training: pruned-spur cordon (4,500 – 5,000 vines/ha)
– Soil composition: sandy, clayish
– Yearly production: 112,5 hl (~ 15,000 bottles)
The remaining land is arable land (1.6 ha part covered by trees) that could be used to plant new vines and increase wine production. Small portions of the farm are registered as woodland (3,890 sqm) and cannot be used for agricultural purposes.
- TYPE: Boutique winery – 5.0 hectares (12.3 acres) of land, two farmhouses, an apartment, wine cellar and a large shed.
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (250 m)
- MUNICIPALITY: Todi
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 1,405 square metres (15,117 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 16
- BEDROOMS: 9
- BATHROOMS: 9
- ANNEXES: Several residential and agricultural buildings
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams, original fireplaces, porch, panoramic terrace, wine cellar, shed, ruins which can be rebuilt, IGT vineyards
- TOTAL LAND: 5.0 hectares (12.3 acres)
- VINEYARDS: 2.4 hectares (5.9 acres)
- WINE PRODUCTION: ~ 15,000 bottles/year
- GARDEN: Yes, around the buildings
- SWIMMING POOL: 10 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (1km; 2’), Marsciano (7km; 10’), Todi (15km; 20’), Deruta (19km; 20’), Perugia (38km; 35’), Orvieto (46km; 55’), Terni (51km; 40’), Castiglion del Lago (52km; 1h), Spoleto (53km; 55’), Assisi (53km; 45’), Bolsena (60km; 1h 5’), Cortona (83km; 1h 10’), Città di Castello (86km; 1h), Sansepolcro (101km; 1h 10’), Pienza (114km; 1h 40’), Jesi (130km; 1h 50’), Montalcino (134km; 1h 55’), Rome (142km; 1h 55’), Siena (142km; 1h 45’), Florence (188km; 2h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (38km; 35’), Ancona R. Sanzio (143km; 1h 50’), Roma Ciampino (154km; 1h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (170km; 1h 55’), Rimini F. Fellini (199km; 2h 40’), Firenze A. Vespucci (202km; 2h 15’), Pisa G. Galilei (263km; 3h), Bologna G. Marconi (284km; 3h 5’)
See more Winery for sale