This boutique hotel for sale in Tuscany is near Montepulciano and comprises a large and spacious restored villa, annexes, restaurant, pool, gardens, olive trees and vineyard. Further potential to increase from 15 to 22 bedrooms in total.
Montepulciano Tuscany boutique hotel for sale
Villa Montepulciano takes its name from the famous town of Etruscan origins that it overlooks, a witness of the passage of famous artists like Luca Della Robbia and Duccio Da Buoninsegna, who made an important conquest of Florence during the XVI Century.
The origins of this wonderful property date back to the Etruscan period, when it is said the subterranean passages, that now are part of the cellars, dating back to.
Set among the most beautiful towns in central Italy making it an ideal base for the tourist market: Montalcino, Pienza, Cortona, San Gimignano and Siena, the Villa lies in a fantastic position, although being close to all the amenities.
Immersed in a wonderfully mature and well maintained Italian garden, the villa (9 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms) is a rare jewel which during the Renaissance made rivals some of the most important families. This is confirmed by the frescoes and armorial bearings depicted in the façade of the building. The house is set on four levels.
– Lower ground floor: cellar, tasting room, rustic restaurant with kitchen and independent apartment (living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom);
– Ground floor: entrance hall with frescoed reception, living room with fireplace, guest bathroom and two suites (bedroom, living room and bathroom);
– First floor: two bedrooms with bathroom, suite (bedroom, living room and bathroom) and closet;
– Second floor: three bedrooms with bathroom.
This last level has a rustic style: the ceilings have exposed beams and terracotta tiles and the floors are parquet. The ground and first floors feature frescoed ceilings and terracotta flooring.
The lemon house (1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms) has been converted into a cosy restaurant with a professional kitchen and powder room plus an independent apartment with living, kitchenette, dining room, bedroom and bathroom.
Guesthouse A (2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, formerly a barn) is made up of a living room, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
Guesthouse B (2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms), located not far from the villa and restored in 2009, is split into two bedrooms with a bathroom. The lower floor of the building is made up of a few rooms, all fitted with systems and plumbing, with an approved project for the creation of two more bedrooms with a bathroom.
Guesthouse C (1 bedroom and 1 bathroom) is a recently-built cottage (2019) amidst the vineyards and is made up of a cosy bedroom with a bathroom, ideal for anyone looking for romantic and quiet accommodation.
The property is finally completed by a nice private chapel.
The demolition of a nearby agricultural shed (currently underway) allows you to use good volumes (totalling roughly 350 sqm) that could be used to create further accommodations for the guests. With a subdivision akin to the one already adopted for the hotel, one could easily create five more bedrooms, for a total of twenty-two.
The property is surrounded by a well-maintained Italian garden, dotted with beautiful flowers, fountains, paved walkways and secular trees.
The 16 × 9 m swimming pool, very panoramic and with an Infinity layout, is fitted with a whirlpool system. Under the swimming pool there is a 60-sqm storage room that can be converted into a Spa.
The property is completed by 3.5 hectares of land including 450 olive trees and a small vineyard producing the renowned Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG.
Nearby are towns and cities such as
Montepulciano: a Renaissance jewel whose imposing sixteenth-century palazzi that line the main street was designed by the most eminent architects of the time: Vignola, Michelozzo and Antonio da Sangallo. The numerous churches and the museum contain works of art by Della Robbia, Taddeo di Bartolo, Vecchietta and Duccio da Buoninsegna. With its characteristic irregular shape, Piazza Grande, the town’s monumental centre, opens up on the top of the hill. The facades of the buildings in different styles prevent the architecture from being monotonous and yet are at the same time harmonious. There are panoramas where you can gaze over the Val d’Orcia to Monte Amiata, Lake Trasimeno and the Valdichiana.
Pienza: built with marvellous stylistic harmony, it is a perfect example of Renaissance urbanisation, born of pope Pius II’s desire to build an ideal town.
Montalcino: clinging to a hillside, it preserves the XIII century fortress and is famous the world round for its red Brunello wine.
Cortona: the Etruscans, Romans, Goths and Tuscan Grand Duchy left artistic and architectural testimony of their passage. The land of artists and religion, it lies on a hilltop surrounded by olive trees.
Siena: an extraordinary city of art where the past and present combine and blend together, where tourists forget the modern world to step back into the XIV and XV centuries.
Arezzo: the historical centre is on a hilltop in the heart of a fertile area rich in orchards, fields of cereals and vineyards. While strolling along its streets, tourists discover pleasant views over the town and the surrounding area.
Florence: prestigious city of art, the home to Dante and cradle of the Italian language. Located on the River Arno, it is surrounded by marvellous hills illuminated by amber and ethereal light that has inspired the greatest of artists.
Assisi: A great part of these places’ artistic charm derives from the spirituality linked to Saint Francis which permeates a city of art with its medieval appearance still intact.
- TYPE: Boutique hotel – Restored villa dating back to 1500s with annexes, pool, olive grove, vineyard and private park gardens
- CONDITION: Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Montepulciano
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,000 square metres (10,760 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 35
- BEDROOMS: 15 (up to 22)
- BATHROOMS: 16
- MAIN FEATURES: Old construction, old stone windows/doors surrounds, brick-built arches, old terracotta flooring, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, old stone fireplace, exposed bricks, frescoed ceilings and walls, air conditioning system, olive grove, small Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG vineyard
- LAND: 3.5 hectares (8.6 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, mature and well-maintained
- ANNEXES: Guesthouses, lemon house, chapel
- ACCESS: Paved road
- SWIMMING POOL: 16 × 9 m (Infinity)
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Already connected
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Montepulciano (2km; 5′), Pienza (14km; 15’), Castiglione del Lago (26km, 25’), Cortona (33km; 35’), Montalcino (37km; 40’), Arezzo (52km, 45’), Siena (61km; 1h), Perugia (67km; 55’), Assisi (85km; 1h 5’), Grosseto (91km; 1h 30’), Spello (93km; 1h 15’), San Gimignano (100km; 1h 30’), Florence (109km; 1h 10’), Gubbio (111km; 1h 25’), Rome (179km; 1h 50’), Pisa (200km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (75km; 55’), Firenze Vespucci (123km; 1h 15’), Forlì Ridolfi (185km, 1h 20’), Roma Ciampino (190km, 1h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (206km, 2h), Bologna Marconi (213km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (215km, 2h), Rimini Miramare (217km; 2h 35’)
See more Hotels for sale in Italy