Restored Tuscan biodynamic working farm with wine and olive oil production plus agriturismo and restaurant for sale. Near a village and about half an hour drive from Volterra. Pisa, Florence and the Tuscan coast in less than an hour.
The property is located in an easily accessible area, reserved but not isolated, only 2 km away from the nearest village with shops, restaurants and schools. Surrounded by the green hills of Tuscany, it is only half an hour drive from Volterra, charming hilltop town of Etruscan origins, and about one hour drive from the Tuscan coast, with Castiglioncello, Forte dei Marmi and Viareggio.
Pisa and Florence, with their international airports, are both less than one hour’s drive.
The complex is composed of a main farmhouse of 290 square meters, a country house of 170 square meters and a wine making cellar of 250 square meters, for a total surface area of 710 square meters.
Main farmhouse – 290 square meters
It is arranged over three floors and it hosts on the ground floor a 50-place restaurant, a professional kitchen and restrooms. On the first floor there is an independent apartment of 130 square meters, hosting a reception room, a sitting room, a living with kitchen, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The building is completed by a master bedroom on two floors, with a lounge and bathroom.
Country house – 170 square meters
It houses four independent bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom, and a two-story apartment with kitchenette, two bedrooms and bathroom.
Wine making cellar – 250 square meters
It hosts vinification and bottling areas.
The property is completed by an agricultural warehouse (80 sqm – 861 sqft).
The renovation works, ended in 2009, have been carried out with meticulous attention to detail. Internally, the main farmhouse and the country house are in typical rustic style, with terracotta flooring, exposed brick walls and ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles.
Surrounded by a lush parkland with swimming pool, this organic and biodynamic farm is completed by 10,4 hectares of private land, of which 5 hectares of vineyard Chianti DOCG, 2.3 ha olive grove + 1.5 ha woodland + 3 ha unused land.
Although there are registered Chianti DOCG vineyards, for business reasons the winery produces exclusively IGT wines.
Vineyard – 5 hectares
– 3 hectares of Sangiovese: 1,9 ha of newly planted vines (2010-2012) + 1,1 ha of old vines (planted in 1980)
– 1,5 hectare of Trebbiano Toscano and Malvasia Bianca: 0.5 hectare of newly planted vines (2014) + 1 hectare of old vines (planted in 1980)
– 0.5 hectare of Canaiolo and Ciliegiolo (planted in 1980)
– Old vineyard: 2,5 m x 0,9 m
– New vineyard: 2,3 m x 0,9 m
Vineyard training system: Guyot and Arch cultivation
Harvesting method: manual harvesting
Tanks volume: 430 hl (concrete and inox taks)
Number of barriques: n.5 tonneaux (550 lt), n.1 barrel (10 hl)
Wine currently in the cellar:
– 60 hl of Red Wine 2014 in vats
– 40 hl of Red Wine 2013 in vats
– 40 hl of White Wine 2014 in vats
– thousands of wine bottles of previous years.
150-200 hl of wine
11.500 bottles of wine, of which 3500 bottles of Rosso Toscana IGT Selezione (Sangiovese), 4000 bottles of Rosso Toscana IGT (Sangiovese , Ciliegiolo, Canaiolo) and 4000 bottles of White Wine IGT (Trebbiano and Malvasia)
Price/bottle: from 9 to 12 euros.
The bottles of wine are exported mainly in Canada, Denmark and France.
Car fleet: Tractor NH 3035
Staff: current owner + seasonal workers
Olive grove – 0,9 hectares
Cultivar: leccino, moraiolo and frantoio
Number of olive trees: 300
TYPE Biodynamic Working Farm with Agriturismo and Restaurant
SIZE 790 square meters (8500 square feet)
FEATURES Terracotta flooring, exposed brick walls, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles
LAND 11.8 hectares (5 ha vineyard + 2.3 ha olive grove + 1.5 ha woodland + 3 ha unused land)
ANNEX Yes, 2: country house and wine making cellar
ACCESS Asphalted road + Gravel road in excellent condition
POOL Yes, 9×4,5 m swimming pool
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water + Well
GAS Mains gas
TELEPHONE Already connected
Town with shops (2,3km; 4’); Volterra (31km; 37’); San Gimignano (40km; 47’); Pisa (47km; 45’); Lucca (47km; 1h); Livorno (55km; 50’);Viareggio (72km; 1h); Firenze (73km; 1h); Castiglioncello (75km; 1h); Siena (80km; 1h 30’); Forte dei Marmi (85km; 1h 5’);
Pisa Galileo Galilei (43km; 38’); Firenze Peretola (71km; 54’); Bologna Marconi (164km; 1h 48’); Perugia Sant’Egidio (232km; 2h 25’); Roma Ciampino (358km; 3h 20’); Roma Fiumicino (376km; 3h 30’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Agriturismo Organic Farm Agriturismo organic farm for sale in Italy. Splendid commercial opportunity, near Florence in Tuscany. Large Olive Grove. Chapel, Restaurant. 53.9 hectares land. Ideal for Weddings and events. Farm with…
- Tuscan Farm with Vineyard PRICE REDUCED from €700,000 to €550,000 If you are looking to buy an inexpensive Tuscan farm with a vineyard and lots of potential then this property near to Sansepolcro could…
- Tourist and farm business Tuscany Italy Priced to sell. Tourist and farm business in Tuscany Italy for sale. Agriturismo and organic farm with 11 bedrooms overall, gardens, swimming pool and 10 hectares land with vineyard and…