Near to Cortona in Tuscany Italy is this medieval tower which has been restored and transformed into a spacious cosy castle style home with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large plot with gardens and a swimming pool.
Unique Luxury Medieval Tower 4 Bedrooms, Gardens, Swimming Pool
This unique property is full of character and history and has been renovated and restored with care keeping traditional features.
In a panoramic position near Cortona with far-ranging views over the beautiful Tuscan countryside, this renovated and restored medieval tower has a gross surface area of roughly 600 square metres (6,456 square feet) with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The property has several annexes which are currently used as garages, tool sheds and lemon houses), a 12 × 6 m swimming pool and 2.0 hectares (4.9 acres) of well maintained gardens that are fenced.
The tower itself has a surface area of roughly 450 sqm – 4,842 sqft and is spread over four floors in total. The building’s exterior retains the typical buttress’s and thick stone walls usually seen in medieval fortifications. Interiors retain classical finishes with stone and terracotta floors, wooden beams and terracotta tiles.
The building was documented in the 14th century when it is mentioned in a document that allowed for the construction of the nearby church. The extensions of the walls in the upper part of the tower suggest the existence in the past of an additional floor, which unfortunately is no longer present today.
The remaining buildings with a surface area of roughly 150 sqm – 1,614 sqft are currently used as garages, firewood shelter, tool sheds and pool house with bathroom and dressing room.
A vine-covered pergola is a convenient outdoor area for relaxation with friends and family and al fresco dining.
This unique castle style tower is located in the centre of a 2.0-ha plot of land (garden) which is fully fenced and also accommodates the 12 × 6 m swimming pool.
- TYPE: Medieval tower restored and transformed into a cosy castle style home
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Cortona
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 600 square metres (6,456 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 10
- BEDROOMS: 4
- BATHROOMS: 3
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, terracotta and stone floors, wooden beams, stone fireplaces, vaulted stone ceilings, stone staircases, garden, swimming pool, pergola
- LAND: 2.0 hectares (4.9 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained and fenced
- ANNEXES: Several buildings (garage, tool sheds/storage, lemon houses)
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 6 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Cortona (9km; 15’), Castiglion Fiorentino (20km; 25’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (25km; 25’), Montepulciano (27km; 40’), Torrita di Siena (35km; 35’), Arezzo (37km; 45’), Città di Castello (51km; 50’), Pienza (52km; 1h), Perugia (53km; 45’), Montalcino (71km; 1h 10’), Siena (76km; 1h), Florence (128km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (62km; 50’), Firenze Vespucci (140km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (200km; 2h 20’), Bologna Marconi (222km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (223km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (237km; 2h 25’)
See more Castles for sale in Italy
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan Farmhouse and Annexes Restored Tuscan Farmhouse and Annexes in a lovely country location overlooking Arezzo. The main property has 5 bedrooms and the 2 annexes have 1 bedroom each. Swimming pool and gardens.…
- Castle Tower Superb Medieval Castle style tower near to Florence in Tuscany. Divided into 3 apartments. Ideal for holiday rentals or could be turned into a splendid private home Florence Tuscany Watch…
- Country Estate Country Estate in Italy, located near the Umbria Tuscany border. Two farmhouses and a medieval tower currently a boutique hotel with owners accommodation. Land, Olive grove, swimming pool. Boutique Hotel…