Apartment for sale in Italy in a great location along Via XX Settembre in the centre of the medieval walled town of Sansepolcro Tuscany. 3 Bedrooms but possible to add another or split into 2 separate apartments.
Sansepolcro Tuscany Apartment Property
This 130-square-metre apartment for sale in Italy is housed within a historic palace dating back to the 15th century and is positioned along Via XX Settembre in the historic town centre of Sansepolcro in Tuscany.
The home, which is in good overall condition, has three bedrooms (with the potential of adding a fourth), but it could also be easily divided into two independent units, each of which, if wanted, could be rented out independently.
The property is completed by two cellars (30 sqm) located on the bottom level.
Services are all accessible in the medieval town of Sansepolcro and many of the most fascinating and recognised towns and cities in Tuscany and Umbria such as Città di Castello, Anghiari, Arezzo, Florence, Siena, Perugia, etc can be reached in less than two hours by car.
The apartment has a surface area of 130 sqm – 1,399 sqft and is located on the first floor of the palazzo, reached via a condominium staircase. An interesting detail of the units is the presence of three separate entrance doors, even though only one is currently being used.
From the main door, you enter a small hallway that leads to the living room straight ahead, a bathroom on the left and a kitchen on the right. From the kitchen, you can then pass into a spacious living room with a dining area and, in turn, into another sitting room overlooking the main avenue of Sansepolcro. From the main living room, you can then reach the three bedrooms and a small powder room on the side.
On the ground floor of the palazzo, with entrances from the condominium foyer, are two rooms (30 sqm – 323 sqft) used as storage, but easily converted into a convenient workshop.
The apartment is in good condition, and readily habitable, but would benefit from a general update of finishes and systems that are no longer up to contemporary efficiency requirements.
From an aesthetic standpoint, the structure retains the traditional architectural components present in Sansepolcro’s old palazzi, such as the massive ashlar door and the pietra serena elements.
The first-floor windows are framed with pietra serena and capped with tiny decorative epistyles.
If you wanted to split the property into 2 apartments, the existence of three separate and distinct doorways is quite helpful.
- TYPE: Tuscan apartment inside a historic palazzo
- CONDITION: Habitable
- LOCATION: Historic town centre
- MUNICIPALITY: Sansepolcro
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 160 square metres (1,722 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 8
- BEDROOMS: 3 (up to 4)
- BATHROOMS: 2
- MAIN FEATURES: Historic palazzo, ashlar door, pietra serena frames, original terracotta floors, fireplace, wooden beams, wooden fixtures
- LAND: No
- GARDEN: No
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent, with public parking nearby
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (50m; 1’), Anghiari (11km; 15’), Città di Castello (20km; 20’), Caprese Michelangelo (24km; 30’), La Verna (37km; 45’), Arezzo (38km; 45’), Cortona (52km; 1h), Gubbio (68km; 1h), Montepulciano (85km; 1h 20’), Assisi (85km; 1h 5’), Pienza (92km; 1h 30’), Siena (106km; 1h 40’), Firenze (112km; 1h 40’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (70km; 50’), Firenze Vespucci (132km; 1h 40’), Ancona Raffaello Sanzio (155km; 2h 10’), Bologna Marconi (179km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (193km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (251km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (266km; 2h 45’)
See more Apartments for sale in Italy