Stunning sea views are just one of the benefits of this organic Amalfi coast Farm and winery estate producing wines, olive oil, jams, lemons and liquors. Opportunity to increase production and also expand into holiday tourism.
Amalfi Coast organic farm and winery
Directly located on a cliff overlooking the sea of the beautiful Amalfi Coast, just outside Maiori is this fantastic organic wine estate farm winery which has 6 hectares of vineyards, 2 hectares of olive grove and 2 hectares of lemon groves.
Easily reached via the municipal road network, the property is made up of skillfully terraced land giving maximum use of the steep cliff land. Services are all available in the nearby town of Maiori (5km; 15’) but several towns of Campania can easily be reached by car: the old Republic of Amalfi (6km; 25’), Salerno (20km; 50’), the unique Positano (28km; 1h 10’), the archaeological sites of Pompei (31km; 55’) and Paestum (61km; 1h 30’), Naples with wonderful monuments (65km; 1h 15’), Sorrento (66km; 1h 35’) and the beautiful Caserta with the incredible Reggia (92km; 1h 30’).
The most convenient airports to reach the property are Napoli Capodichino (69km; 1h 10’), Bari Karol Wojtyła (250km; 3h 5’), Roma Ciampino (271km; 3h) and Roma Fiumicino (298km; 3h 20’).
The cellar (150 sqm – 1,614 sqft) is located in the uppermost part of the property and houses the rooms used for processing of the grapes harvested in the vineyards.
Scattered throughout the property are located several stone and masonry buildings (464 sqm – 4,992 sqft), mainly needing to be renovated and restored. If this is done they would be ideal for holiday use especially wine tourism and workshops.
Building N°1 has a surface area of 61 sqm – 656 sqft and is a two-story structure to be restored. On the ground floor (29 sqm) you could obtain a small apartment with garden (15 sqm). The loft could be used as a storage room.
Building N°2 has a surface area of 35 sqm – 377 sqft and is a two-storey structure which could be used as an apartment on the upper floor (18 sqm) with a cellar (17 sqm). The loft could be used as a storage room. Outside, the building is equipped with a basin easily converted into a swimming pool.
Building N°3 has a surface area of 62 sqm – 667 sqft and is a two-story structure. On the lower floor (13 sqm) is located a cellar while the upper floor one could be used as an apartment (49 sqm). The loft and the gallery could be used as storage rooms. Outside is a canopy (roughly 35 sqm) and a cistern (whose conversion into a swimming pool cannot be guaranteed).
Building N°4 has a surface area of 116 sqm – 1,248 sqft and is a large two-story structure. The lower floor houses a cellar (53 sqm) while the upper one could easily be converted into an apartment (63 sqm) with gallery and loft. The upper floor gives access to a covered balcony (18 sqm) while outside is located a wood-burning oven and cistern (whose conversion into a swimming pool cannot be guaranteed).
Building N°5 has a surface area of 44 sqm – 473 sqft and is a cellar with an outdoor cistern and a concrete basin for grape pressing.
Building N°6 has a surface area of 22 sqm – 237 sqft and is currently used as an animal shelter, but could be potentially reworked into a residential unit.
Building N°7 has a surface area of 23 sqm – 247 sqft and could be restored and converted into a residential unit. Of the two cisterns located near the building, the smaller one could be converted into a swimming pool.
Building N°8 has a surface area of 21 sqm – 226 sqft and is currently used as a tool room (14 sqm) and animal shelter. The building could be easily converted into a small residential unit.
Building N°9 has a surface area of 30 sqm – 323 sqft and is laid out over two floors and is made up of a residential unit on two floors (27 sqm) and a small animal shelter (3 sqm). Outside, the building has a small courtyard (27 sqm).
Building N°10 has a surface area of 50 sqm – 538 sqft and is a large two-story building housing a cellar on the lower floor (14 sqm) and a residential unit on the upper floor (36 sqm). The attic and the gallery could be used as storage rooms. On the outside is located a pergola (30 sqm).
The cellar is in excellent structural and aesthetic condition and is currently used as the winery to produce wines. The roof of the building has a photovoltaic system providing energy to parts of the property (4 kW), well-blended with the roof tiles making it almost invisible.
The other buildings, some of which are currently used as storage rooms, need various works but many of them could be easily converted into small residential units ideal for a holiday accommodation business. Two of the cisterns on the cliffs could be converted into swimming pools to enhance any potential holiday rental business.
This wonderful organic farm estate is built on a cliff overlooking the sea and covers a total surface area of 22 hectares (54.2 acres). The land has been masterfully terraced to ensure maximum benefit from the land which falls inside the Parco Regionale dei Monti Lattari.
Cultivated following a totally organic management strategy there is a vineyard (6 ha – 14.8 ac), an olive grove (2 ha – 4.9 ac) and a lemon grove (2 ha – 4.9 ac). The remaining surface area (12 ha – 29.6 ac) is covered in woodland and Mediterranean scrub including figs and prickly pears which (together with grapes and lemons) are used on the farm in the production of organic marmalades and jams.
Other products made on this farm estate include the excellent Femminello sfusato Amalfitano “Limone Costa d’Amalfi IGP” whose zest is also used in the production of a lemon-flavoured liquor. The wild fennel growing inside the property is used to produce Finocchietto liquor. The production of the two liquors is currently around a few thousand bottles, but this could be further increased.
The olive grove is the result of a careful recovery on aged trees as well as replanting of new specimens, producing the excellent Colline Salernitane DOP extra-virgin olive oil.
– Olive grove surface area: 2.0 ha
– Number of trees: 1,500
– Variety: Frantoio, Leccino, Rotondella, Carpellese, Ogliarola
– Altitude: 50 – 600 m
– Yearly production: 1,000 kg (11 hl)
The vineyard is made up of grape varieties typical of the area and allows producing three types of wines
White – Costa d’Amalfi DOC Bianco: Falanghina (50%), Biancolella (10/15%), Ginestra (30/35%)
Red – Costa d’Amalfi DOC Rosso: Piedirosso (50/60%), Aglianico (20/30%), Tintore (10%)
Rosé – Costa d’Amalfi DOC Rosato: Piedirosso (50/60%), Aglianico (20/30%), Tintore (10%)
– Vineyards surface area: 6.0 hectares
– Variety of grapes: Falanghina, Piedirosso, Biancolella, Ginestra, Aglianico and Tintore
– Altitude: 30 – 650 m
– Exposure: Southeast / Southwest
– Density: 5,000 vines/ha
– Training: Guyot, albarello
– Soil composition: volcanic
– Yearly production: 20.000 – 25.000 bottles
The property is currently run as an organic farm with production of wines, oil, jams, lemons and liquors. The restoration of the many buildings into residential units would further increase the return on investment as they could be rented out to the many tourists visiting the Amalfi Coast every year and also used for workshops and wine tourism.
- TYPE Organic farm and Winery with production of wines, oil, jams, lemons and liquors
- CONDITION Partially restored
- LOCATION On the cliffs above the sea
- MUNICIPALITY Maiori
- PROVINCE Salerno
- REGION Campania
- SIZE 614 sqm (6,606 sqft)
- ROOMS 20+
- BEDROOMS 10+
- BATHROOMS 9+
- FEATURES Terraces over the sea, cisterns for irrigation, vineyards, lemon grove, olive grove, cellar, sea view
- LAND 22 hectares (6 ha vineyards + 2 ha olive grove + 2 ha lemon grove + 12 ha wood and Mediterranean scrub)
- GARDEN Possible around the buildings
- ANNEX Several agricultural and residential units
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL No, but two possible
- ELECTRICITY Already connected + photovoltaic system (4 kW)
- WATER Mains water + natural spring
- GAS Municipal network
- HEATING –
- TELEPHONE Only mobile phones
- NEAREST TOWNS Maiori (5km; 15’), Amalfi (6km; 25’), Salerno (20km; 50’), Positano (28km; 1h 10’), Pompei (31km; 55’), Paestum (61km; 1h 30’), Naples (65km; 1h 15’), Sorrento (66km; 1h 35’), Caserta (92km; 1h 30’), Rome (281km; 3h)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Napoli Capodichino (69km; 1h 10’), Bari Karol Wojtyła (250km; 3h 5’), Roma Ciampino (271km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (298km; 3h 20’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Amalfi Coast Villa This large Amalfi coast seaside villa will be of interest to developers, investors or individuals looking for a project offering an investment opportunity. Perched on a cliff overlooking the sea…
- Tuscan Organic Wine Estate Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income. Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo…
- Rural Tourism Rural tourism business comprising Agriturismo and farm with land ( 64.3 hectares), gardens, swimming pool, olive grove and a small vineyard. For sale fully furnished and equipped with all the…