This large Amalfi coast seaside villa will be of interest to developers, investors or individuals looking for a project offering an investment opportunity. Perched on a cliff overlooking the sea the villa is on 6 floors with a total surface area of 1,148 square metres (12,352 square feet). Ideal as a luxury home, subdivision or boutique hotel serving the many tourists who come each year to this well known upmarket holiday destination.
Seaside Villa Property
Located in a superb panoramic position, on the cliffs just outside the towns of Conca dei Marini and Amalfi is this imposing 1,148-sqm villa (built in the early 19th century) with garden and private sea access. The property is currently unused and needs a full renovation and restoration. Externally the villa property stands in 2.0 hectares of land covered in shrubs and terraced gardens.
Beaches, services, facilities and amenities are all available in the towns of Conca dei Marini (700 m) and Amalfi (4 km) and towns and cities such as Maiori, Positano, Salerno, Pompeii, Naples, Caserta can be easily reached in less than two hours by car.
Built in the early 19th century it has over 40 rooms and 13 bathrooms and several of these have beautiful balconies and terraces giving a total surface area of 1,400 sqm.
Used as a home and a school in the past the property is currently unused and requires full restoration. The renovation could be used to rework the interiors to whatever purpose you have in mind, whether a private home, apartments or hotel use.
The many rooms on the floors (four, not including the loft and the storages on the lowest level) could be easily converted into bedrooms, potentially adding en-suite bathrooms and reworking the spaces to create a much more functional property.
The lowest floor of the villa, in need of renovation as well, is currently registered as a series of storage rooms but could be converted into a wellness centre and/or gym fitness area.
All the rooms offer breathtaking sea views ranging from the beautiful town of Conca dei Marini to the west and the unique Amalfi to the east.
Near the entrance, the villa features a small courtyard that could be used to park vehicles and part of the land could also be used to expand the parking area.
From here, a series of staircases lead to the four main floors of the villa (excluding the loft and the lowest floor).
Next to the paved terraces around the building, the villa also has 2.0 hectares of land and of these, roughly 5,970 sqm are terraced in the typical Amalfi Coast fashion and accommodates olive and citrus trees. A further 5,766 sqm are covered in Mediterranean shrub and meadows. The remaining 8,492 sqm constitute the rocky cliff descending towards the sea.
The property also has private sea access and is also reachable by boat.
- TYPE: Large seaside villa with garden
- CONDITION: Needs to be restored
- LOCATION: Waterfront
- MUNICIPALITY: Amalfi
- PROVINCE: Salerno
- REGION: Campania
- INTERIORS: 1,148 square metres (12,352 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 40+
- BEDROOMS: 15+
- BATHROOMS: 13+
- MAIN FEATURES: Terracotta floors, columns, stone decorations, vaulted ceilings, paved terraces, private access to the sea, garden, parking area
- LAND: 2.0 hectares (4.9 acres)
- GARDEN: Needs to be landscaped
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: To be connected
- WATER SUPPLY: To be connected
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: To be connected
- HEATING SYSTEM: To be connected
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Conca dei Marini (700 m; 2’), Amalfi (4km; 15’), Maiori (7km; 25’), Positano (15km; 30’), Salerno (29km; 1h 20’), Pompeii (37km; 1h 10’), Naples (59km; 1h 30’), Paestum (75km; 2h), Caserta (85km; 1h 45’), Palinuro (149km; 3h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Napoli Capodichino (63km; 1h 25’), Salerno Costa d’Amalfi (48km; 1h 30’), Roma Ciampino (265km; 3h 15’), Roma Fiumicino (291km; 3h 30’)
See more Italian properties with sea views