Agriturismo organic farm for sale in Italy. Splendid commercial opportunity, near Florence in Tuscany. Large Olive Grove. Chapel, Restaurant. 53.9 hectares land. Ideal for Weddings and events.
Farm with large Agriturismo, organic olive grove
Not far from Florence, this 53.9-ha organic farm estate houses an Agriturismo with 35 apartments (85 beds) split among three beautiful historic buildings. A chapel and a restaurant make it the perfect location for weddings and events. A large olive grove (roughly 5,300 trees) produces roughly 4.5 tons of extra-virgin olive oil per year. In 2014, the farm was awarded the organic certification and all the activities are carried out respecting nature.
Services are available in the nearby town (2km; 5’) and the most famous towns and cities of Tuscany can all be reached in less than an hour and a half by car (Florence, Siena, Pisa, San Gimignano, Volterra…).
Shopping-lovers can also enjoy the luxury outlet The Mall, located in Reggello ad easily reached in less than 20’ by car.
The closest airport is Florence (51km; 50’) and for intercontinental flights, you can easily reach the terminals in Bologna (133km; 1h 35’) and Rome (290km; 3h)
The estate has several buildings. The residential/hospitality portion offers a total of 85 beds split among 35 independent units, all of which are located inside three finely restored and modernized buildings giving optimal comfort to guests.
The main villa has a surface area of 1.604 sqm – 17,259 sqft with 24 bedrooms and 23 bathrooms. Dating back to the 18th century it houses seventeen guest apartments, the reception, a TV room and two large cellars in the basement where olive oil is stored (77 sqm – 828 sqft). The building has been carefully restored maintaining its rustic look but equipping it with modern comforts needed for guests’ accommodation: all the apartments have a kitchen and private bathroom and typical features such as exposed beams and floors tiled in Florentine terracotta.
Next to the villa is located the restaurant (168 sqm – 1,807 sqft, 3 bathrooms), capable of accommodating up to 60 guests. The room is also used for tasting sessions and educational activities.
Farmhouse N°1 has a surface area of 297 sqm – 3,196 sqft with 10 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms and houses the owners’ residence and six guest apartments with private bathroom and kitchen corner. This building has been restored as well, keeping its rustic look unaltered.
Farmhouse N°2 has a surface area of 466 sqm – 5,014 sqft with 17 bedrooms and 18 bathrooms and houses twelve apartments, each finely restored and fitted with private bathroom and kitchen, cooking corner.
The property is then completed by an 18th-century manorial chapel (45 sqm – 484 sqft), offering a unique location for weddings, a laundry room and an agricultural shed (140 sqm – 1,506 sqft).
In front of the villa, the beautiful historic garden has been renovated and is crossed by gravelled walkways and planted with well-maintained ornamental trees and flowers.
Not far from the villa is located a 20 × 10 m swimming pool with whirlwind tub and paved solarium (450 sqm), a multipurpose court (tennis, futsal, volleyball) and a play area for the little ones.
The estate covers in its entirety a surface area of 53.9 hectares (133.2 acres). The majority of the land is covered in mixed woodland (19.3 ha), coppice woodland (10.9 ha) and a chestnut grove (2.5 ha). The woods have a recently-recovered network of paths (roughly 20 km), ideal for walking and biking.
The olive grove (18.5 ha) has 5,300 trees (Frantoio, Leccino and Moraiolo) producing up to 4,500 litres of Premium Colline di Firenze IGP extra-virgin olive oil per year.
The remaining surface area is covered in gardens (roughly 1.1 ha counting the surfaces covered by the buildings and their courtyards) and arable land (1.6 ha) dotted by vegetable gardens and fruit trees. Bees on the estate also produce excellent honey: standard floral honey as well as Acacia honey and Chestnut honey.
Cultivation on the estate are carried out with rigorously organic methods (certification was awarded in 2014) and for energy the property runs with renewable sources whenever possible. A photovoltaic system (80 panels producing up to 19 kW of power) provides 80% of the electric energy needs, while a biomass boiler (35 kW) is fed with firewood cut in the estate and is housed in a purpose-built shed.
- TYPE: Organic farm with large Agriturismo
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Florence
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 2,720 square metres (29,267 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 80+
- APARTMENTS: 24 two-room + 8 three-room + 4 four-room
- BEDROOMS: 52
- BATHROOMS: 50
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, Florentine terracotta floors, decorative elements carved in pietra serena, stone fireplaces, manorial chapel, restaurant, well-maintained gardens, pool with whirlwind tub, organic olive grove, photovoltaic system, thermal solar system, biomass boiler, tennis court
- LAND: 53.9 hectares (18.5 ha olive grove + 10.9 ha coppice woodland + 19.3 ha mixed woodland + 2.5 ha chestnut grove + 1.6 ha arable land + 1.1 ha gardens and unused land)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained all around the buildings
- ANNEXES: Chapel, laundry room, restaurant, agricultural shed
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 20 × 10 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system (19 kW)
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well + natural spring
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Biomass boiler (35 kW) + LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Rufina (15km; 20’), Florence (30km; 30’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (39km; 40’), Arezzo (69km; 1h), San Gimignano (76km; 1h 15’), Monteriggioni (78km; 1h 10’), Siena (94km; 1h 20’), Volterra (97km; 1h 35’), Pisa (115km; 1h 30’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS
- Firenze Vespucci (51km; 50’), Pisa Galilei (112km; 1h 25’), Bologna Marconi (133km; 1h 35’), Roma Ciampino (280km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (295km; 3h)
See more Farm property in Italy
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Organic Agriturismo Umbria Organic Agriturismo in Umbria for sale. Super value property, farm with Agriturismo, organic vineyards and olive grove 70 hectares of land, swimming pool, olives, in a good location not far…
- Tuscan Organic Wine Estate Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income. Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo…
- Small wine estate with Agriturismo Small wine estate with Agriturismo on the Chianti hills of Tuscany, about 30 mins from Florence. 1.85 ha Chianti Classico DOCG / Toscana IGT vineyards (possible to expand), farmhouse and…