Agriturismo for sale in Tuscany. Protected National park setting, 10 bedrooms overall, 10 hectares land, stables, restaurant. Licensed for 35 guests, catering to families and groups.
Agriturismo for sale Italy
In a superb location in the Foreste Casentinesi National Park is this Agriturismo for sale comprising two restored buildings with a total surface area of 950 sqm with 10 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms and a small cosy restaurant. Authorized for up to 35 beds and license for foods and beverages for both guests and occasional visitors. Catering to hikers, school groups and children summer camps as well as family tourism.
The estate totals 10.0 hectares (24.7 acres) which is split among mixed woodland (2.0 ha) and arable land (8.0 ha). The arable section includes two fenced plots of land (slightly less than an hectare each): the first one was used in the past as an acclimatization enclosure for repopulating hares but is currently unused, the second one is used as an organic orchard with typical varieties of Casentino fruits.
Part of the plain land is planted with organic saffron (roughly 1,000 sqm) and there is also a small irrigated vegetable garden (500 sqm). Everything is cultivated with organic methods.
In the northern part of the property there is a large pasture (about 1.0 ha) on which a wildlife observatory built by the National Park Authority is housed due to the frequent presence of deer and fallow deer in the surrounding area. Higher up, again with a contribution of the institution, a stone tank was created to encourage the reproduction of amphibians.
The forest consists of hornbeam, downy oak and alder and has not been cut in the last twenty years, thus allowing it to be subjected to coppicing right away and can be immediately cut for a profit.
A small town is just 5 mins drive away. convenient for services and tourists can visit nearby towns and cities such as Poppi, Chiusi della Verna, Arezzo, Florence, Anghiari, Cortona, San Gimignano, Siena in an hour or twos drive.
The farmhouse dates back to the second half of the 19th century (the keystone above the door is marked 1878) and was built over the remains of an 11th-century oratory of which the northwestern corner still shows traces of the original walls.
The building was fully restored in 2000 (and again in 2007) to make it suitable for an agriturismo business, retaining its main Tuscan architectural features. The building is made out of stone with pietra serena inserts, on three floors. Ceilings are all made out of wooden beams and planks, while the roof is covered in Marseillaise shingles and supported by sturdy traditional trusses.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 810 sqm – 8,716 sqft on three floors comprising:
– Ground floor: kitchen with original fireplace, two bathrooms, wine cellar, stables with six boxes for horses, storage room and underground garage;
– First floor: owner’s apartment (independent access with terrace, habitable kitchen, three bedrooms and bathroom), reception, professional kitchen with pantry, restaurant hall and guest bathroom;
– Second floor: bedroom with en-suite bathroom, four bedrooms and four bathrooms for the guests.
The former drying barn was converted into a guesthouse with a surface area of 140 sqm – 1,506 sqft over two floors:
– Ground floor: living room with small kitchen, bedroom with en-suite bathroom, technical room and bathroom with independent access from outside;
– First floor: two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and exit onto the paved terrace.
Ideal business opportunity for home and income catering to the outdoors and tourism markets.
- TYPE: Agriturismo estate
- CONDITION: Restored (2000 and 2007)
- LOCATION: Mountain, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Pratovecchio-Stia
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- TOTAL SURFACES: 950 square metres (10,222 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 22
- BEDROOMS: 10
- BATHROOMS: 10
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, pietra serena frames, wooden beams, wooden and terracotta floors, paved loggia, restaurant, stables, fruit orchard, vegetable garden, saffron cultivation, wildlife observatory
- LAND: 10.0 hectares (24.7 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained around the buildings
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (300 m)
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Natural spring
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: No
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (4km; 5’), Poppi (17km; 20’), Bibbiena (22km; 25’), Chiusi della Verna (40km; 50’), Rignano sull’Arno (44km; 1h), Arezzo (51km; 55’), Florence (61km; 1h 30’), Anghiari (64km; 1h 10’), Montevarchi (67km; 1h 20’), Cortona (83km; 1h 40’), San Gimignano (107km; 2h 41’), Pienza (110km; 1h 50’), Siena (121km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (79km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (137km; 2h 10’), Pisa Galilei (140km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (280km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (298km; 3h 15’)