Luxury Florence 4 bedroom apartment just a minute from the world-famous Piazza del Duomo with views over the Cathedral and dome. Large and spacious -420 square metres /4,520 square feet – luxury property in a prestige location close to all the famous landmarks.
Florence City Centre Prestige Property
Just a minute from the Piazza del Duomo is this superb 420-sqm apartment on the first floor of a historic palazzo which was owned in the 16th century by the famous Florentine architect, Bernardo Buontalenti. Formerly two separate and independent apartments, they have been connected to make a luxury home with four bedrooms, a beautifully frescoed hall and two balconies that overlook the Cathedral and its world-famous dome. Access is by stairs or an elevator.
Florence’s airport (10km; 20’) is the nearest, but the terminals in Bologna, Pisa, Rome and Milan are easily reachable as well.
The apartment is located on the first floor of one of the houses that belonged in the past to the architect Bernardo Buontalenti (1531 – 1608) who never actually lived in this property himself. The current look of the building is thanks to a restoration in the early 18th century which was based on a project by Pietro Paolo Giovannozzi (1658 – 1734) an architect and engineer who was working for the Capitani di Parte Guelfa.
The building is still based on a late-Renaissance template but you can easily see the reworked features which were added in the 18th century. The ground floor features two huge entrance doorways with an ashlar frame and six more openings currently occupied by stylish boutiques and shops. On the first floor, there are several other windows which are all framed in stone and two balconies. Moving up, the uppermost floors of the building feature the same type of windows but they become simpler the further they are from the ground.
Internally, the apartment was recently restored and the beautiful finishes have been highlighted and enhanced. The main hall has frescoed walls that closely resemble the interiors of a classical building with columns, half-columns, bass-reliefs and vaulted ceilings with painted coffered ceilings. The door frames, the only really three-dimensional element, harmonically merge with the nearby faux architectures.
The floors of the apartment are in parquet, both in the living and sleeping areas. The other rooms feature painted vaulted ceilings, decorated wooden beams, coffers painted with floral motifs and wooden decorations. Mouldings running throughout the halls also act as supports for the led lighting system.
The location in the heart of this beautiful city means that you are in walking distance to shops, boutiques, restaurants, cafes etc and to all the world famous landmarks such as Piazza del Duomo with its superb cathedral and dome,(150 m; 2’), Palazzo Medici (300 m; 4’) and the adjacent Basilica di San Lorenzo decorated by Michelangelo and Brunelleschi (380m; 4’), Piazza della Signoria (750 m; 10’), the church of Santa Croce with the tombs of many Italian artists (850 m; 10’), the church of Santa Maria Novella (900 m; 10’) next to the central station, the beautiful and unique Ponte Vecchio (1.0 km; 12’), the Uffizi Gallery (1.0 km; 13’), the imposing Medicean Fortezza da Basso (1.2 km; 12’), the impressive Palazzo Pitti (1.4 km; 15’), the church of Santo Spirito in Oltrarno (1.5 km; 15’) and the unique and wonderful panoramic terrace of Piazzale Michelangelo (2.2 km; 20’).
A superb residence in a fantastic location.
- TYPE: Luxury 4 bedroom apartment
- CONDITION: Luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Historic city centre near the Piazza del Duomo
- MUNICIPALITY: Florence
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 420 square metres (4,520 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 10
- BEDROOMS: 4
- BATHROOMS: 5
- MAIN FEATURES: Frescoed halls, trompe-l’œil decorations, mouldings, parquet floors, coffered ceilings, wooden beams, elevator, air conditioning, stone frames, ashlar doors, balconies with a view over the Cathedral
- LAND: No
- GARDEN: No, but two balconies
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS San Casciano in Val di Pesa (28km; 40’), Greve in Chianti (37km; 50’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (54km; 55’), San Gimignano (60km; 1h 5’), Monteriggioni (62km; 1h), Siena (78km; 1h 10’), Lucca (80km; 1h 15’), Volterra (81km; 1h 25’), Pisa (99km; 1h 40’), Montepulciano (109km; 1h 30’), Pienza (116km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (10km; 20’), Bologna Marconi (105km; 1h 45’), Pisa Galilei (107km; 1h 35’), Perugia San Francesco (160km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (287km; 3h 10’), Milano Linate (301km; 3h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (302km; 3h 15’), Milano Malpensa (355km; 4h)
See more Florence real estate for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Florence Apartment Luxury Florence apartment located in the city centre and just a few minutes walk from the main Florence landmarks and attractions. Fully restored with luxury finishes this property is ideal…
- Property for sale Tuscany Florence Apartment property for sale in the centre of Florence in Tuscany. Luxury 130sqm apartment which is spacious and fully restored on the ground floor of an historic palazzo. Luxury home…
- Home for sale in Venice Italy Home for sale in Venice Italy comprising a 2 Bed penthouse apartment with terrace located a minute or two from the world famous Piazza San Marco and with views over…