Luxury Florence 2 bedroom apartment just a minute from the world-famous Piazza del Duomo with views over the Cathedral and dome. Large and spacious -165 square metres /1775 square feet – luxury property in a prestige location close to all the famous landmarks.
Florence City Centre Prestige Property
Just a minute from the Piazza del Duomo is this superb apartment on the first floor of a historic palazzo which was owned in the 16th century by the famous Florentine architect, Bernardo Buontalenti. A beautifully restored apartment with two bedrooms, a beautifully frescoed hall and a balcony that overlooks the Cathedral and its world-famous dome. Access is by stairs or an elevator.
Florence’s airport (10km; 20’) is the nearest, but the terminals in Bologna, Pisa, Rome and Milan are easily reachable as well.
The apartment is located on the first floor of one of the houses that belonged in the past to the architect Bernardo Buontalenti (1531 – 1608) who never actually lived in this property himself. The current look of the building is thanks to a restoration in the early 18th century which was based on a project by Pietro Paolo Giovannozzi (1658 – 1734) an architect and engineer who was working for the Capitani di Parte Guelfa.
The building is still based on a late-Renaissance template but you can easily see the reworked features which were added in the 18th century. The ground floor features two huge entrance doorways with an ashlar frame and six more openings currently occupied by stylish boutiques and shops. On the first floor, there are several other windows which are all framed in stone and two balconies. Moving up, the uppermost floors of the building feature the same type of windows but they become simpler the further they are from the ground.
Internally, the apartment was recently restored and the beautiful finishes have been highlighted and enhanced. The former library of the palazzo (nowadays a stunning reception hall), in particular, boasts frescoed walls that closely resemble the interiors of a classical building with columns, half-columns, bass-reliefs and vaulted ceilings with painted coffered ceilings. The door frames, the only really tridimensional element, harmonically merge with the nearby faux architectures.
The floorings of the apartment are covered in solid wood parquet, both in the living and sleeping area. The other rooms feature painted vaulted ceilings, decorated wooden beams, coffers painted with floral motives and wooden decorations. Mouldings running throughout the halls also double as supports for a led lighting system. The air conditioning system covers the whole apartment, as well as a very effective wifi network.
Doors have been specifically crafted by Tuscan artisans respecting the style of the apartment and have been fully hand-painted. Windows are all equipped with double-glazing so that thermal dispersion is reduced to a minimum, and grant excellent acoustic insulation.
A small antenna has been also installed on the roof of the building to improve phone reception inside the apartment.
The location in the heart of this beautiful city means that you are in walking distance to shops, boutiques, restaurants, cafes etc and to all the world famous landmarks such as Piazza del Duomo with its superb cathedral and dome,(150 m; 2’), Palazzo Medici (300 m; 4’) and the adjacent Basilica di San Lorenzo decorated by Michelangelo and Brunelleschi (380m; 4’), Piazza della Signoria (750 m; 10’), the church of Santa Croce with the tombs of many Italian artists (850 m; 10’), the church of Santa Maria Novella (900 m; 10’) next to the central station, the beautiful and unique Ponte Vecchio (1.0 km; 12’), the Uffizi Gallery (1.0 km; 13’), the imposing Medicean Fortezza da Basso (1.2 km; 12’), the impressive Palazzo Pitti (1.4 km; 15’), the church of Santo Spirito in Oltrarno (1.5 km; 15’) and the unique and wonderful panoramic terrace of Piazzale Michelangelo (2.2 km; 20’).
A superb residence in a fantastic location.
- TYPE: Luxury 2 bedroom apartment
- CONDITION: Luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Historic city centre near the Piazza del Duomo
- MUNICIPALITY: Florence
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 165 square metres (1775 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 10
- BEDROOMS: 2
- BATHROOMS: 3
- MAIN FEATURES: Frescoed halls, trompe-l’œil decorations, mouldings, parquet floors, coffered ceilings, wooden beams, elevator, air conditioning, stone frames, ashlar doors, balcony with a view over the Cathedral
- LAND: No
- GARDEN: No, but a balcony
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS San Casciano in Val di Pesa (28km; 40’), Greve in Chianti (37km; 50’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (54km; 55’), San Gimignano (60km; 1h 5’), Monteriggioni (62km; 1h), Siena (78km; 1h 10’), Lucca (80km; 1h 15’), Volterra (81km; 1h 25’), Pisa (99km; 1h 40’), Montepulciano (109km; 1h 30’), Pienza (116km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (10km; 20’), Bologna Marconi (105km; 1h 45’), Pisa Galilei (107km; 1h 35’), Perugia San Francesco (160km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (287km; 3h 10’), Milano Linate (301km; 3h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (302km; 3h 15’), Milano Malpensa (355km; 4h)
See more Florence real estate for sale